A German-Russian Telegram channel published some statistics from Russia, quoting official websites. If we know that the sanctions have not worked at all to make Russians’ lives harder, these are the actual proofs!
Some days ago an Italian daily reported that the high rate of the Russian ruble was the proof that Western sanctions were effective. That could not make less sense. In facts, here below you can find some concrete proofs and datas that are stating the exact opposite. A German Telegram page “Russländer&Friends” published some statistics taken by the Russian statistic website Rosstat and other medias. Not only are these datas showing the opposite of what it has been said in the West for months, but they completely undermine any trial to defend whatever sanction, which did not do anything but making European citizens’ lives more difficult.
- According to Rosstat, Russian inflation has sunk from 1.56% of April to 0.12% of May and it annual rate diminished from 17.83% to 17.1%.
- Food prices have increased less during the month of May of a 0,6% and of 20.5% for the year.
- Since 3 months, gas in Russia has seen a decrease in its price. The average of gas prices at the gas stations diminished of 0.2% in May, according to Rosstat. At the same moment, the price since the beginning of the year increased only of 0.5% whereas the general inflation, in that moment, was at 11.8%.
- Nine products, during the past week, became cheaper: eggs, -1,9%, sugar -1%, chicken -0.6%, pork meat, -0.4%, wheat -0.3%, sausages, pasta and salt – 0,2%, fruits and vegetables -3%, cucumber – 12.9%, tomatoes -10.3%, carrots – 4.3%, beetroot -2.8% and cabbage -3.2%.
- Since the beginning of the year, the price of cucumbers (-32,6%) and eggs (-12.2%) have plummeted.
- On Wednesday, the USD rate at the Moscow stock exchange lost 1,65% rubles with the exchange rate not being 59,4 rubles for one USD. Euro lost 2.01 rubles with an actual exchange rate of 63.59 rubles per 1 Euro.
- The prices of the following groceries have increased: margarine +1,3% since the beginning of the week (+35% since the beginning of the year). Despite the general deflation of 0,1% for food, 24 product increased together with margarine: rice (+0.8%), meat conserves for children (+0.6%), chocolate (+0.5%), white and black bread (+0.3%).
- On Wednesday, the Russian shares’ market has increased of 1.19%, according to the Moscow Stock exchange.
- Russia and Belarus already produce all the agricultural products that were part of the sanctions and were coming before from Europe like cheese and meat, the Russian Ambassador in Belarus Gryslow stated.
- The UAE’s energy Minister Suheil al-Mazroui said to Bloomberg that the oil price has not touched its highest point yet and might reach an unprecedented high level if Russian energetic resources would be outed from the international market.
- According to an official statement, the Russian flag-carrier Aeroflot reduced the costs of tickets by 25% towards the far east till the 30th of June and extended the period to ask subsidized tickets till the end of October.
Despite the problems and the war, the situation ini Russia seems everything but in a strong crisis. If the prices of some products decreased and other increased, the economic situation looks more stable than the European one, where prices have skyrocketed. A further proof of the Western sanction’s failure, which only made their antagonist stronger.